Thursday, August 3, 2017

OpenSim Hypergrid : So You Want Blender with All the Bells and Whistles ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Make no mistake about it Blender frustrates the Hell out of Me, and I have no time or interest in learning it's convoluted User Interface or arcane commands. However i have learned that the Stock Version is severely crippled, by way of lack of a number of plug-ins. So what are you going to do?

    Simple solution to the problem if you are a Debian / Ubuntu / Mint Linux user, you just add the appropriate PPA.

     OK before anyone jumps all over me saying I should be using ARCH, or Fedora or what ever, I make no apologies, I cut my Linux teeth on Debian / Ubuntu and to a lesser degree Mint. That is what I am familiar with and I see no reason to change. I am not a regular Blender user, I personally find it to be very confusing. However once you master it I have seen some spectacular results, and you will require a number of plug-ins in order to achieve your end desired output.

    There is a fantastic PPA available currently being run by Thomas Schiex that has every thing built in with a fresh installation of Blender

 https://launchpad.net/~thomas-schiex/+archive/ubuntu/blender

JayR Cela :_)


    

No comments: