Saturday, December 10, 2016

OpenSim : Linux : Hardware : AMD-Radion or Intel and Nvidia ?

By Avatar JayR Cela

    Well, before I touch of a firestorm of insult's, let me just say that AMD makes some great most Bang for the Buck stuff you can buy. But there CPU's always have run HOT !! extreme heat, and the Radeon video cards have usually had lousy driver's, however the new open source versions are proving to be much better than the official AMD versions.

    Personally I think that most of their stuff is Meh, who really cares.

    I would rather spend the extra money and buy an Intel CPU and Motherboard ( if you can still find one besides a server based version )  and a Nvidia based GPU. Seems as if Intel abandoned the Motherboard business several years ago, so Asus at this point in time seems to be the best bet for reliability, I would steer clear from anything under the GigaByte brand name. EVGA perhaps, but I lost faith in them recently for having shoddy cooling fans on their high end video cards that seem to have a pen-chance for failing  just after the 3 year warranty expires, supposedly this has changed this past year with them switching from a sleeve  design to dual ball bearing based fans, supposedly their Motherboards are really high end stuff. PNY I like this company, everything comes with a 1 year Warranty until you register, then you get 3 years, and they are based in the USA.

     If you are into OpenSim and building your own computer, or purchasing a new one, I would avoid anything AMD, or off the wall brand names you have never heard of.

Asus, Intel, Nvidia, PNY

That's my thought's.

JayR Cela :_)

No comments: