Thursday, June 30, 2016

OpenSim : Singularity Viewer Team Removes v1.8.7.6861 From DownLoads Section : Linux and Windows

By Avatar JayR Cela

     As of sometime last night or early this morning Team Singularity has removed the somewhat troublesome v1.8.7.6861 from their downloads section for both Linux and Windows. I guess it was not just me experiencing multiple problems. The new official download is v1.8.7.6866.

    I have yet to try this on my main box, KXStudio 14.04, as I had given up on trying to make v1.8.7.6861 work and temporarily switched to FireStorm on that machine. Oddly enough since the Alchemy and Singularity viewer teams claim being sister viewers, sharing much of the same code and developer resources ( people working on both ) I found I was having the same issues with the current version of Alchemy, again only on my KXStudio box, perhaps we will see an update there soon as well.

    However I must stress the point that KXStudio is a Hybrid linux distro, not really intended for casual desktop use, and since I use it for my audio mixing work, I am not about to replace it just yet.

    I admit that I feel better now knowing that I was not crazy with all the crashing.

JayR Cela :_)

2 comments:

Lord said...

I only saw where it was changed for Linux, not Windows ?

JayR Cela said...

Hi there Lord,

Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't see 1.8.7.6861 listed for Windows or Linux any longer, to be honest with you I rarely use Windows, usually only on Patch Tuesday to run updates, then I'm back to Linux :_)

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
See ya around sometime in the Metaverse.

JayR Cela :_)