Saturday, April 28, 2012

Virtual Worlds : The Zen Viewer 3.3.3.0 : A Grid Hopper

By Avatar JayR Cela

    A couple of months back SL resident Zena Juran introduced us to a new incarnation of Viewer3, it had enough nice features that truly set it apart from a few of the other's and I did a fairly thorough review, since then I have looked at it occasionally and found the majority of changes to be incremental, mostly tweaks and fine tuning.

    Recently however Zena has taken a major step forward in the world of V3 based viewers, the actual ability to add your own grids has been added. I'm not talking about the standard run of the mill Open Sim preset's, those of course are present,

















 


    along with a host of others via a constantly updating list maintained by Zena herself.




















     I'm talking about an easy to use actual option to add any grid of your choosing, without having to manually edit your log in path.




















     I recently spoke with Zena about this new feature :


[13:15] JayR Cela: does that extra alternate OS grid selector automaticaly update its self ?
[13:17] Zena Juran: The Zen Viewer pokes the list on each startup. The actual list is updated by me. Some of the grids may go belly up before I notice and new ones may be available before I can add them. I don't have a real good method yet for keeping it updated.   :-)
[13:18] JayR Cela: wow and that is something you have created ?
[13:19] Zena Juran: The initial list was created by Armin Wearherwax. I maintain it as a download from the same site where the Zen Viewer downloads are hosted.  :-)
[13:20] JayR Cela: that is so kool 

     I have not had the time to try this new feature out myself yet, but I hope to be able to soon.






















JayR Cela :_)

No comments: